Healthcare Reform - Opinions, Surveys, Legislative ContactsNovember 23rd, 2009
Fall, 2010 - Health Care Reform Presentations we have made during 2010:Read more & share your thoughts
What You Can Do
♦ GET INVOLVED! Summary of Talking Points regarding Healthcare Reform legislation which is grabbing the summer headlines. If you believe healthcare reform can impact your household (whether you are for the plans being proposed, or against those plans), we encourage you to contact your Senators and Congressmen.
♦ Let your CONGRESSMAN hear your feelings on this important topic. (Click this LINK to be directed to the House of Representatives email system).
♦ Let your SENATORS hear your feelings on this important topic.
♦ Use the letters/memos below as guides for communicating your position AGAINST the currently proposed Healthcare Reform options.
LETTER #2: Specific to Steve Cohen’s Congressional District
- I WANT TO KEEP THE COVERAGE I HAVE: http://capwiz.com/nahu/issues/alert/?alertid=13711476
- I OPPOSE AN EMPLOYER MANDATE: http://capwiz.com/nahu/issues/alert/?alertid=13711461
- I OPPOSE A GOVERNMENT-FUNDED PUBLIC PLAN: http://capwiz.com/nahu/issues/alert/?alertid=13711431
- THANK YOU FOR MAKING CERTAIN HEALTHCARE REFORM IS DONE RIGHT: http://capwiz.com/nahu/issues/alert/?alertid=13750136
What's Being Said
Help! Show me a SUMMARY of H.R. 3200.
NEW = ADDED @ September 8, 2009
- Health Care Reform…Is Now the Right Time?
- The Sleeper in Health Reform
- On Health Reform, Will All Roads Meet in the Middle?
- NEW! Healthcare Costs - A Primer (2009)
- The Senate Health Care Bills: $1.5 Trillion Sticker Shock
- Open Letter on Health Care (June 18, 2009)
- How a Public Health Plan Undercuts Consumer Choice
- NEW! Reality Check Letter (from David Axelrod) - August, 2009
- The President & Health Care Reform - Prime Time TV (Wednesday, June 24, 2009)
- ISSUES: Health Care
- Remarks by the President at the Annual Conference of the American Medical Association (June 15, 2009)
SENATE BILL: "Affordable Health Choices Act" (615 pages)
Congressional Budget Office - Responses to Reform Proposal
- Initial Response to Senator Edward Kennedy (June 15, 2009)
- Follow-up Response to Senator Kent Conrad (June 16, 2009)
NEW! Alternative Bills
- Healthcare Freedom Plan - Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC)
- Empowering Patients First Plan - Rep. Tom Price (R-GA)
- Wyden-Bennett Bill - Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Sen. Robert Bennett (R-UT)
- Obamacare to Come: Seven Bad Ideas for Health Care Reform
- Will Obama Raise Middle-Class Taxes to Fund Health Care?
- Massachusetts Miracle or Massachusetts Miserable: What the Failure of the “Massachusetts Model” Tells Us about Health Care Reform
- Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers - Health Care Reform "War Room"
- American Benefits Council - Ten Prescriptions for Reforming Health Care
- National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Center for Health Transformation - Healthcare that Works: Answering President Obama's Challenge of Finding What Works
- Association of Health Insurance Advisors (AHIA) - RX for Health Care
- The GALEN Institute
- WSJ.com Editorial: The "Public Plan" Would Be the Only Plan (Scott E. Harrington, June 15, 2009)
- Wall St. Journal Editorial: ObamaCare Isn't Inevitable (Karl Rove, June 25, 2009)
- Empire Blue Cross News Flash (June 26, 2009) - Public Plan Focus of Health Care Reform
- Health Care Reform (Jeff Parker - June 11, 2009)
- Re-form, Re-form, Re-form (Jeff Parker - June 25, 2009)
- The Doctor Is Out (Eric Allie - June 25, 2009)
- This Is A Miracle (Petar Pismestrovic - June 24, 2009)